Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 14:26:29 EDT
Gail,
I agree that we can all catch more flies with honey than a flyswatter.  When
we bring up our children and they make an attempt to do a new (to them) task
we laud their efforts, point out what they have done well and gently show
where the corrections need to be made to make it even better.  This approach
works well with almost anybody.  It's inspirational  rather than accusatory -
an appraoch which rarely fosters a sense of cooperation - and since we are
really all on the same team - we need to boost the weak links rather than
berate them.  We all do our best.  And, I believe, we all seek to improve
that "best" too.

Gretchen Andrews, BA, IBCLC
The Lactation Connection
private practice, So. Calif, USA