Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:07:30 EDT
Anyway -- new day -- three chances to post....

Please, everyone, go back in your computers, copy and paste  your posts into
a new e-mail and send it IMMEDIATELY to IBLCE.  Send to [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask])  and to [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask])  .   Unfortunately my letter to Roberta Hewat
([log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]) ) came back as  undeliverable.  If anyone
has her functioning e-mail, please let me/us  know.  Also send to Maureen
Fjeld as the ILCA rep to the IBLCE board.   ([log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask]) ).  While you are at  it, copy it as well to Becky Mannel, president
of ILCA.  It is imperative  that as many people "in power" hear all you have to
say, and your posts have  been too eloquent to be seen just here on Lactnet,
despite all 3000 of  us.

If your post on Lactnet comes out with =20= and other html  features that are
generally making what you have to say totally unreadable, take  a moment and
eliminate them before you pass them on.

PLEASE!! This is terribly important.  I do not want IBLCE  to think this is
just a couple of disgruntled (and possibly demented) oldies  fussing at them.
They NEED to hear what you have to say.  Take the  time and DO it!  I'm not
even asking you to write a separate letter -- I'm  asking you to take all your
Lactnet posts and send them on.  Individually,  I believe, as the more letters
the better.

I am an educator.  I teach aspiring lactation  consultants.  I'm in a
complete quandary as to what I am going to teach  next year.  I have a whole segment
devoted to the importance of becoming an  IBCLC.  We have another segment
devoted to Ethics.

Now what?

You may not have noticed, but the IBLCE, in September --  without warning --
changed the way CERPs are calculated from the 50 minute hour  (60 minutes of
lecture = 1.2 CERPs) to the 60 minute hour (60 minutes = 1  CERP).  While it
doesn't look like much, it means that if you received 20  CERPs for a program in
2006, it is only worth 16.6 in 2007.  This  information was received after
questioning the IBLCE based on rumors we had  heard AFTER LEC printed nearly
18,000 brochures.  IBLCE's solution?   Go through each brochure and put a "drop
in" stating that our 56.4 CERP course  was now only 47.3.  Riiiiiiiiight.

To quote (too many) political ads here in Illinois, "What ARE  they THINKING?"

Anyway, this is some of what is going on with the IBLCE that  directly
affects YOU -- and, oh yes, you still have to have a full 45 CERPs to  qualify for
the exam, and 75 CERPs to recertify.

Now -- add all this to the attempt to do a second (lower)  credential.

I reiterate:  What ARE they THINKING????

By the way, for those of you concerned about taking/retaking  the exam?  Not
to worry -- a full 96% of the 2005 cohort passed (95.6% of  the first timers.
(99.7% of the recertifiers).

You can read it for yourself at:
_http://www.iblce.org/docs/misc%20docs/Statistical_Report_IBLCE_2005.pdf_
(http://www.iblce.org/docs/misc%20docs/Statistical_Report_IBLCE_2005.pdf)

 Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC -- former ILCA President  (90-92) IBLCE Board
member (92-94) and member of the exam committee  (98).

_Lactation Education  Consultants_
(http://www.lactationeducationconsultants.com/)
_My Mother of the Bride  Blog_ (http://www.motherofbridebyjan.blogspot.com/)
_Torrey's  Blog_ (http://www.marriedcouplebytorrey.blogspot.com/)