From:
Anne Mulgrave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:45:03 -0500
Hi Everyone -
I am a LLL Leader in Western PA and had a call recently about nausea and breastfeeding.  The mother was breastfeeding her 1 year old daughter and was getting a lot of pressure to wean even thought she wasn't sure if she or the baby were ready.  During our conversation she mentioned that one of the reasons that she was considering weaning was that she suffered from nausea every time the baby nursed along with feeling a profound sense of euphoria.   I had never heard this and wondered if she just really sensitive to her slightly elevated prolactin levels.   The mother has decided to continue nursing until she feels her child is ready but I found her symptoms interesting and thought they might inform the discussion on Jenny's post.
Anne Mulgrave