From:
Andrea Tran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:23:24 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Andrea Tran
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 11:08 AM
Subject: Baby Friendly Education for Nurses

I am the lactation program coordinator at a community hospital in Boulder, Colorado that does about 130 births per month and has a breastfeeding initiation rate of 95%. We are getting ready to submit our letter of intent to go Baby Friendly (woohoo!). I would love to hear from people from other hospitals who have completed the Baby Friendly process or are in the process or are at the same point we are, about how you educated your nurses and got them the 18/20 hours. Specifics would be very helpful. We don't have unlimited amounts of money (does anyone?) and it needs to be ongoing so all new employees can do it as well.

I look forward to any responses.

Thanks,
Andrea Tran RN, IBCLC
Boulder/Erie, Colorado