From:
Rowena Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 07:30:36 -0800
Dear Dr. Cordes, I read your post on Lactnet about the
woman with continued deep breast pain post treatment
with diflucan. If I remember correctly, there are
resistant strains emerging. Alternatively, she could
be relapsing. Being "run-down" (I know, not very
medical) is associated with becoming infected in the
first place. Is she anemic? Is she eating especially
well (to support healing) and/or taking a vitamin
supplement (not prenatal vitamins)? It also occurs to
me that many woman who have had yeast develop milk
blisters (no specific association published that I am
aware of-just my experience). These can be very tiny.
Any sign of those? These are painful *WAY*  beyond
their innocuous appearance, and the symptoms are
similar to those of a deep yeast infection. Just some
thoughts.
Sincerely,
Rowena Tucker PA, IBCLC
Texas