From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:07:19 -0400
Ok folks. This is going to be the short tempered version of my usually
more polite posts. Frankly, after a summer of a mother in the rehab
nursing home, and after about 20 calls daily on oxygen, wheelchairs, and
other assorted details concerning this family crisis, I am out of
patience. I would like to remind everyone that sometimes, we don't sit
here reading with a fine eye to detail. We have lives, we have children
who need help, we have aging elderly parents, we have work that pays.
LACTNET is volunteer work for me and for the other list volunteers.
Please do not infer that we condone anything by not commenting.

I think that this discussion may have merit with regard to
breastfeeding. However, it has all been said both this time and every
other time it has reared its ugly head on Lactnet.

We have no opinion publically on this issue. We condone nothing. And,
from long experience we realize that we cannot have a discussion on this
subject on this list because it  quickly spins off into a spitting
contest...and away from breastfeeding.

Let's not have any more posts on this subject for a while, ok? I can't
stomach it. But, please don't assume anything about how we are thinking
on the subject. We do everything we can to keep the list going politely,
and on topic. Frankly folks, I have things to do in my life at the
moment that take precedence over refereeing yet one more discussion on
circumcision. Be polite. Drop the subject. Go to private email. USE YOUR
DELETE KEY when you don't like a post.I am steamed up and have HAD it.

Kathleen