From:
Karen Samford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:05:42 -0500
I just took my son to the pediatrician for his 15 month check up and we
got to the subject of vitamins.  I told her I never saw any need for
them especially when he was nursing exclusively. Then of course she says
that Vitamin D is the only thing "lacking" in breastmilk (And I believe
she said vitamin A as well) and that bf babies need that supplement and
they even make a special vitamin with just the vitamins that they
"need".  I did'nt want to get confrontational with her (she had already
basically told me that Tristan needed a comfort object; "What happens
when he's 4?") so I just let it go.
I do want to send her some good literature on it  and was hoping you
ladies might have something from either a medical journal or another
reputable, well known source.  I'd also like to cc a copy to the on
staff lactation consultant.  Amazing that they have one!!!
After what she said I was suprised that she didn't tell me that Tristan
needed cow's milk.  I suppose I should be glad because she asked what
kind of milk he was drinking and I told her breast milk and she just
left it at that.
So anyway, any input would be appreciated ;0)
Karen and Tristan