From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 07:03:48 -0400
From my daughter in Mongolia, who is working for WHO as a student, doing a
research project:

"I am trying to find information of specimen collection and transport
protocols, and its impossible to find anything except info on possible
bioterrror diseases (and there is a plethora of info on smallpox, etc- but
nothing on the accepted guidelines for collecting specimens to test for
measles, TB, syphilis, mumps, hepatitis B, tularemia, plague, and other
diseases that are problems here in a developing country, but not likely to
be used as bioterrror weapons).  Do you know where this information could
be found/ someone who would know where it is?  I know there must be some
kind of international standard regarding the collection and transport of
specimens (temperature, storage conditions and times, etc), but I can't
find it from here.  If I am overloading you with stuff, don't worry- I'll
keep searching.  Its just that your help with the WHO contact had such
spectacular results, I thought I'd ask again:)
Thanks. Emily."

Please answer to : [log in to unmask]

Thanks. Kathleen

Kathleen Bruce RN IBCLC
Independent consultant:
Lactation Resources of Vermont, Medela, Inc. Listowner Lactnet listserv
Archives: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lactnet.html