From:
Susan Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 17:26:05 +1000
I'm having a great time reading everyone's idea's on cord stumps.

Why do you have to "do" anything? We haven't been treating ours with
anything for years, and they dry up and fall off much more quickly than in
the the "alcohol" days.
The only care they have is a daily bath, along with the rest of the baby,
and normal towel dry. Usually gone in a week, whereas, I remember my son's
stayed firmly adherent for 3 weeks, as I was the dutiful first time mum,
using methylated  spirits every nappy change.

If you all stopped using 'stuff', you could put the money towards new
breastfeeding books!
(don't mean to offend anyone)

Happy hunting!
Susan, in sunny Australia!