From:
Lisa Dugan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:58:48 -0400
I have the permission of the mom to post the following question as I have no idea how to answer her.  She is presently 32 weeks pregnant after 10 years of infertility and repeated miscarriages since the birth of her now 11 year old daughter.

She writes:  " I had a severe breast reduction
in 1991 where all milk ducts were completely severed,
nipples were removed and regrafted and then 6 months
later, removed and regrafted again since they didn't
take....and they still didn't take much at all. So I
have 0% chance of being able to breastfeed in this pg.
    "I'm unclear what happens when the baby is born. Years
ago, they would give you a shot, (paralodel) but now
they don't and just wait till breasts dry up or
suggest binding breasts. (hmm, sounds like fun).
    "The reality is I'm also unclear if I even have an
issue at all since milk ducts are disconnected. I've
had no breast changes in size, consistency, texture,
pain, etc. whatsoever in this pregnancy. Will milk
even attempt to come in and engorge the actual breast
and then get stuck or worst nightmare, infected or
will I just have no issues at all?"

Ideas anyone?

Lisa Dugan
LLLL Southern NJ