From:
Jeanne Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 2009 13:47:14 -0400
Hello,
Last night on a flight from Denver to Cedar Rapids Iowa on United Airlines my
daughter was trying to nurse her crying 9 month old (who by the way is an
exclusively breastfeed 33 week preemie). It is a bit of a long story, but the
main point is she was told by the flight attendant she should have
prepared "some other method" of calming her baby during the flight. She has
filed a formal complaint and is waiting a response from the airline.

I know this has happened before and has been challenged legally. I am
interested in hearing from anybody who has personal knowledge of such cases
as well as ideas for dealing with this. Air travel will be a frequent occurence for
this dyad.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Jeanne Schneider RN IBCLC
Kirkland Washington USA