From:
"Anne L. Varberg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 15:39:00 -0600

> Yes, of course there may be some truth to the hormone issue and acne.
> However, the way it was put to this woman was that her complexion was more
> important than the "choice" to breastfeed, and besides she'd already been
> breastfeeding for six weeks so there was no need to continue. There are
> many treatments for acne that are quite compatible with breastfeeding, but
> this was not given to the mother as an option to try first before
> considering weaning.

I'd like to add my own anecdotal experience.  My family doesn't get typical
teenage acne.  We all get it in our late twenties.  I just broke out terribly
this month!  I prefer this than havig to handle it as an insecure teenager
though.  So, it quite possibly completely unrelated to breastfeeding.

Anne in Mpls with no sig line because other LLL people kept complaining.
Sheeesh!