From:
Judy Holtzer Knopf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 1995 08:20:42 -0900
On Tue, 1 Aug 1995, Alison K. Hazelbaker, IBCLC wrote:

> Although on the surface it appears that using ultrasound radiation to treat
> breast inflammations is a good idea, I feel very uncomfortable with it in
> view of the research done on ultrasonagraphy used during pregnancy. The
> MArieskind studies demonstrated that six generations of helthy cells are
> mutated after even small doses of ultrasound. Might this same effect apply
> when using it on the breast and what implications does this have for the
> breast tissue and the breastmilk?

Alison, Hi! Could you please give the *full reference* for this above study?
As I understand it, ultrasound is not "radiation", but sound waves. Altho
I read a very interesting study about neonatal behavioral effects of sudden
noise on rat (or mice) fetuses, I would like to read for myself that sound
waves in the doses used would cause cell mutation. If it does, then this
is very important. Judy K. in Israel