Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 18:35:06 EDT
Hi, I have a mom who adopted a baby and she has questions about using goats
milk for her baby instead of formula. Her baby is having problems with both
Similac, and Carnation milk. She used Alimentum one time and the baby spit it
all up. She did get some info on goats milk and that her Pedi could make up a
formula from goats milk. Her baby is crying with almost every feeding now, a
pain cry. It has gotten worse over the last two weeks. She is not sure if he
is refluxing or reacting to the formula or both. She has been given some
articles on goats milk and that it is not a good option as a replacement..
Does anyone have any experience or further advice I can give this mom. She is
going to try a soy formula for a week and call me back. She sees her pedi
today also.
 I can be e-mailed at [log in to unmask]
                    Thank you    Nuala Murphy RN, IBCLC