From:
The Jones Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 23:54:26 -0700
I agree, we all need some good news.

Recently heard the nurses discussing a baby who was refusing to
bottlefeed, refusing to cup feed, throwing up whatever they managed to
get into him/her.  So, of course you know what I said.

The short version is that mom agreed to breastfeed.  She had just never
considered breastfeeding, had never known anyone who breastfed.  After a
little get-acquainted time, baby breastfed beautifully.  Baby loved it
and didn't throw up.

Had a couple nipple confused babies today that frustrated me, but also
had a mom come back in with her 6 day old.  She was SO grateful with the
results of a slight adjustment in positioning and latch and answers to
her many questions.  That really made MY day, and the fact that baby had
gained 4 oz. in 2 days (after having lost 10% of birthweight) made HER
day.
--
Bonnie Jones, RN, ICCE, IBCLC
from the sunny S.W. USA