From:
Claire Bloodgood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 14:06:55 -0400
On Wed, 18 May 2005 13:48:28 -0400, D. McCallister <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm searching the archives but having no luck... I remembered a post
>regarding a study that showed monkey infant males fed soy formula had
>genital differences as compared to those nursed or given a cow-milk
>formula.
>
>I'm wondering if anyone has any research or professional opinions to
>offer regarding a woman with high soy consumption during pregnancy and
>subsequent breastfeeding, and effects that phytoestrogens might have on
>a male infant.  Is the effect on-going?  Only during pregnancy?
>
>Any information would be appreciated!
>
>Deb McCallister
>Louisville, KY

Here's something on direct feeding of soy formula,
<http://www.kidalog.com/soyformula.html>

part of this addresses effects on fetus by consumption by the mother
<http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/infert.htm>
<http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/abstracts%204.htm>

In going over my Google search results
("male infants" + soy + phytoestrogens), it seems there is a lot more
controversy on the subject than I would have expected.

-Claire Bloodgood, IBCLC