From:
Annie VerSteeg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:27:13 -0700
Maureen says:

"Let's give these people a break and give them some time to adjust to
being
home without monitoring, 24 hour/day nursing and medical care, and I
and  Os.
If a mother is patient and persistent, she will breastfeed, no
matter  how
long it takes them to figure it out."
Maureen Allen RN, BSN, IBCLC
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Boston, MA

  I say, let's give Maureen a huge hand for spelling it out so well
and let's take it one step further and give the same due respect and
time to ALL new moms and babies returning home from the hospital.
Let's be patient and kind and know a well adjusted baby will go to
the breast easier (maybe NOT sooner) than a frantic stressed baby and
mom. Getting the baby to or back to the breast is the least of my
worries in the first days or even weeks PP. Having a thriving mom/
baby dyad is my top priority. Getting there may take some longer than
others but it does happen.
Have a great weekend and CONGRATULATIONS to all the new IBCLC's..
Annie VerSteeg IBCLC