From:
Judy LeVan Fram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2012 00:13:53 -0400
In a message dated 10/26/2012 5:32:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

i  especially love knowing they nursed to an age that they will always r/m
it. i  hope it is one of their most enduring memories of me all of their
lives. never  were we all as in sync, bonded, content and still enough to look
into each  other's souls as when they were nursing.

I didn't see the original post, weird LN delivery these days, but this was
interesting timing. I'm not sure my 26 year old son remembers nursing ( he
was 4  yrs when he finished....) but I do know that he gets into a lot of
conversations  where breastfeeding past "a certain age" has more than once
become brunch  conversation for him and his friends. Happened again about two
weeks ago, when  after seeing a family on a Saturday, I got a text from him
asking if there  was a term for children who nursed "past a certain age": I
responded  "uh, normal? :)" " not prematurely weaned", and then we had a
little text  conversation about biologic vs cultural expectations, etc. I love
to imagine  this lovely group of 2o somethings sitting around chatting  about
breastfeeding in some gastropub in Philadelphia, PA ( and  my son's never
failing attempts to educate people about it...:)

Peace,
Judy

Judy LeVan  Fram, PT, IBCLC, LLLL
Brooklyn, NY,  USA