Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:35:17 EDT

Yes, some individuals have low levels.  I had my son tested for other reasons
and he was missing L. Bifidus, I think.  One thing that could happen is that
baby might not get colonized properly if the mother gets antibiotics during
labor, for example.  Also, I read an article a while ago that hypothesized that
mothers who were formula fed, given frequent antibiotics during childhood,
took birth control pills, etc may pass on their dysbiosis to their babies.  It's
an interesting topic.  If I have another colicky baby, I would certainly try
it.

Jennifer Stevens, RN, mom of two formerly colicky babies, one with food
allergies.

In a message dated 6/19/2007 12:00:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,