Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 13:19:56 -0500
Thanks for the replies regarding my questions on suckling in the first 24hrs,
they have been very helpful.

I am in the process of developing a pumping protocol and an alternative
feeding method protocol for our hospital.

Does anyone have any samples of protocols that they would be willing to
share with me?  My goal is to create guidelines for appropriate selection and
use of alternative feeding methods when needed and to encourage
appropriate pumping/expression when needed.

You can e-mail me privately at [log in to unmask]

We our a community hospital and do not have an NICU, though we do provide
level 1 care to babies.  Generally we do not delivery babies before 35 weeks.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and tips!

Casey Clubb, RN, IBCLC
West Linn, OR