From:
Karen Ianacone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:00:05 -0400
I have been asked a question that I am hoping that the collective wisdom
of this list will help me answer.
Apparently there is a novel about sisters where one becomes pregnant and
the other starts to lactate. The question was, is there any basis in
fact for this phenomenon and are there any references for this.
I am aware that women who adopt can sometimes lactate so I suppose this
is remotely possible in theory but I can't really imagine it happening.

p.s. I am going to a lactation consultant certification program next
week. I am really looking forward to it...it's not the IBCLC but it is a
start!

Thanks in advance for your time,
Karen