From:
Virginia G Thorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 19:19:06 +1000
Hi,
    Jodi wrote on Fri, 27 Jul 2001:

Eliminating all dairy is
not so simple as just cutting out milk and cheese.  Check first and see if
she truly did eliminate all dairy in any form (this includes "whey",
contained in many packaged foods.)"
   Also included in this list of dairy/animal items that are often overlooked
when eliminating dairy/meat from one's diet are rennet and casin.
"casin..." often appears as a prefix or suffix too.

I second that, Jodi.  (I hadn't even thought of rennet.)  One thing I find, is that when told of a dairy allergy, people offer yoghurt.  The power of advertising! - they just don't seem to see that it is dairy, and think of it as some sort of miracle food.  Yet, it was yoghurt that caused me to realise I had a dairy allergy (that was later confirmed).  Potential allergens such as cow's milk whey and soy are added to so many processed products.  It is getting harder and harder to avoid them, for those who need to.
    Cheers,
        Virginia
         in windy Brisbane
         (Acapulco was great)