From:
Jo-Anne and Carlos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:48:56 -0400
Colleen wrote,

> I feel more inspired than ever
> to make BF counseling a major component of my future practice.  (Now if I
> had only come to that decision decades ago and skipped right over my
> first two careers, many new moms and I would be much better off.)

As someone who has led many lives, often simultaneously (especially
right now -- someone asked me last night why the IBCLC was taking
precedence over my other plans, and I had to explain that it wasn't
because I was going to do it *instead* of other things, and was simply
obsessing for a short bit!) I feel compelled to remind people that
whatever they did before will have a positive impact on their
breastfeeding counselling. That is also true of the reciprocal effects
of motherwork, creative work, spiritual work, community work,
professional work... Diane W's thread on waves made this abundantly
clear to me, and now I am in a phase in which everything is
interconnected.
Jo-Anne (whose dh is doing far too much spiritual work right now to
ignore the impact of everything on everything else!)