From:
Karen Evon IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 23:44:25 EDT
Dear Colleagues:

I spoke with a mother of three (all breastfed) who is attempting relactation
for the baby she plans to adopt this fall.  I have her permission to post her
story to this esteemed group.
She reported Hx as follows:
She stopped taking 5 units/day sub q.  of Lupron last Thursday ( 8 days ago).
She had been on it 3-4 weeks and had been weaning off it.
On Friday (the next day)   she started Dr Craig's relactation regime...i.e 2
clamaria (estrogen) patches on each breast,  and Reglan 10 mg 3x/d, and
provera 10 mg. 3x/day.   She was pumping bilaterally for between 10 and 30
minutes 3 to 4 x/d.
She was taking a liquid herbal combination containing Fenugreek/Blessed
thistle/Fennel/Plaitain and A Bach Flower remedy called E.R. for emotional
remedy.
She was taking two droppersfull 3 times per day.
She had seen droplets on each breast yesterday - after a week of doing all
this.
Then  she told me about these symptoms:
  She felt nauseous, but also hungry
  She said she could not concentrate, but she did not feel drugged
  She felt her jaw was "tight," like she couldn't loosen her jaw to talk,
  and her voice changed... it was 'tight.'
She stopped everything (except the pumping) immediately and the symptoms
disappeared in 24 hours.
When I saw her yesterday and she asked if I had ever heard of these side
effects of this routine - or any other side negative side effects.
She decided to continue pumping, and taking the herbal tincture.
She plans to call Dr. Craig's office first thing Monday, AM.

I have not been aware of any of these types of side effects, have any of you?
I Thank you in advance for your thoughtful consideration...please reply both
to the list so all may learn and/or to me personally.

Karen Evon, IBCLC  ([log in to unmask])
co-owner: Maternal Expressions, Folsom CA
in Beautiful, sunny Northern California
near Sacramento, California's State Capitol.