Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 17:21:46 -0500
In a message dated 95-11-25 18:59:04 EST, [log in to unmask] (Aaron Brauer
Rieke) writes:

> breastfed
>babies until I saw it with a client of mine about 10 years ago.  She kept
>her baby at the breast pretty much all night and, without any other possible
>etiology that anyone could find, the baby's teeth grew in basically rotted.
>Baby needed extensive dental work from the very beginning - dentist had no
>other explanation other than "bottle mouth."

I must respectfully disagree. Ancedotal reports aside, La Leche League
International refutes this as a possibility for tooth decay.  There has never
been any evidence to my knowledge that would indicate breastfeeding leads to
tooth decay.  Prenatal infections/fevers are the usual culprit.
Camellia May, Houston