From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 22:50:49 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

> .
>     In view of some of the research from other mammals, who refuse to take
> care of their young after anesthesia, I ask Karen, and all others, are
> these
> mothers more likely to have had epidural anesthesia?

Dear Friends:
    Ooh, I left out a critical word. I meant to say..........."who refuse to
take care of their young after LABOR anesthesia...."
    Sorry.
    Question still stands though. What do you all think about the possible
connection between epidural anesthesia and the commitment to breastfeeding?
Nikki Lee RN, MSN, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CIMI, CCE
craniosacral therapy practitioner
Elkins Park (a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; northeastern USA)
supporting the WHO Code and the Mother Friendly Childbirth Initiative