From:
evi adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 1996 01:20:01 +0200
I too believe that children should feed themselves solids when they want. I also really think they should feed themselves. After having spoonfed my first child (she a spoon, me a spoon and plastic sheet on the floor) and letting my second do whatever she wanted, putting nourishing choices on in front of her, letting her use her hands or any other utensil Mika to this day has the greatest  table manners in a family of scarfers.

Yo logic, one should decide on when one wants to eat. Guess that applies to non- breast feeding (ha! ha! ha!).

Dr. Brian,

Why do you think air passages are not opened enough, some extensively BFd kids bed wet for many,many,many  years. How about allergies being the primary cause? May be cases of baby's not showing allergy to cow milk proteins until parents trying to help child pee at night. I am trying to find answers to things that made me personally nuts years ago. There are no absolutes.

Evi