From:
Lynn Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:08:41 EST
Shannon writes;
>>I have a client/friend who has 6 month old triplets. She is exclusively
breastfeeding them. (yay!)

They are waking to feed every 2 hours through the night every night and she is
getting to the end of her rope. >>

Hi Shannon,
Congrats to this great Mom!!
Does she use breast compression with the feeds currently? I might confine
compression to the night time feeds only. This will immediately increase
their intake if she hasn't been using compression and will slowly increase it
(during the night) if she has, because 1) they will get more with compression
and 2) the babes will nurse more frequently during the day ( remember, they
are getting less w/o compression) which should increase her supply.
The increasing solids should help as well.
They must be soo cute!!
Lynn Shea Rn,Bsn,Ibclc
Franklin,Massachusetts