Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2013 01:08:50 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
Any suggestions on how to work ACA into increasing support for ALL breastfeeding moms?  I think we are doing fairly well at WIC and access to IBCLCs there. There are two of us in a small city of 100,000. However, when I stopped by our local, new employee-insurance-funded wellness center with my business card and then made a follow-up phone call to inquire if they might be interested in contracting with an IBCLC for services on breastpump rentals, support, etc., they basically said "we don't do that".  Then an email response from Medela to see if they would be willing to set-up a local pump provider contract with an IBCLC, they basically said "no thanks, we are not setting up agreements right now".  The only place someone can get a multi-user pump in our town is at WIC. If you are not a WIC mom, the nearest rental station is 50 miles away.  There are single user pumps available at most stores that sell baby supplies, but nobody to talk to about using it and "how is the mother-baby dyad doing anyway?"  The nearest non-WIC IBCLC is again, 50 miles away, according to the ILCA website.  What to do?

Thanks anyone,
Tina Lavy, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2