From:
Spencer Montlick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2010 08:12:31 -0500
Nikki said:

Dear Friends:

For mothers who are wondering about what to put on their nipples....ask them
if they would put the cream in question on their toast.

If the cream can't be eaten, then she shouldn't be putting it on her
nipples. Even if the ingredients are organic. In the case of MotherLove,
that means:  olive oil, marshmallow root, calendula, shea butter and
beeswax. (Sounds more like these ingredients would make a nice candle!)

Nikki Lee RN, BSN, Mother of 2, MS, IBCLC, CCE, CIMI craniosacral therapy
practitioner www.breastfeedingalwaysbest.com

Am I the only one who dips bread in olive oil at the italian restaurant?
Olive oil may or may not be appropriate for use on the nipple, but it passes
the "toast test."  And I've often heard olive oil recommended as a lube for
pump flanges...

Thanks,
Spencer

E. Spencer Joslin, MD and LLLL