From:
Wendy Blumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2009 09:15:08 +0300
Referring to Esther Grunis` mailing, this is truly outrageous.  When we came
here as immigrants over 30 years ago, babies were eating chopped liver at
three months, cornflour and tomato juice almost from birth.
It took all these years of work from the Israel Childbirth Education Centre,
La Leche and more recently those who qualified with ILCA and IBCLC to change
this.

Yes it does sound as if the formula companies have influenced
decision-making at Government level.  However with the change in Government
there are also changes in the employment of ministry officials so it is
possible that the Health Ministry (which is currently without a Minister)
has employed civil servants who know not the first thing about infant
health.

We have to look into this and find out what is going on - and then fight it.
Wendy Blumfield
Israel Childbirth Education Centre
NCT ANT Tutor/BFC