From:
The Fishers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 10:20:30 -0400
I had a call from a mom today. She used terconazole once yesterday morning.
By evening her 19 month old breastfed son was vomiting violently and
contiuously, she also has some nausea and gastric upset. Dad does not.
After looking in Hale's '98 edition (yeah!!!) I learned that an adult
concern was flu-like symptoms. Her rconcerns are whether to continue
breastfeeding and how long it may take for her son to recover. He "looks
grey" and is very lethergic, vomitting every 20-35 minutes. Any thoughts or
info?

She is continuing to breastfeed at the moment since we don't KNOW that this
is a drug reaction and he might otherwise become seriously dehydrated, also
according to the timetable in Hale's book her levels should be down by now.

Victoria