From:
The Jones Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 02:29:46 -0700
I don't see a lot of engorgement, but engorgement is one of the most
frequent reasons why moms call me postpartum.  I see much less mastitis,
but I've seen some that was really bad.  Lawrence says to use heat or
cold, whichever helps the most.

Since the really bad cases usually seem to involve severe engorgement,
wouldn't it be best to use cold?

Actually, I think cabbage works best for both, along with other
appropriate measures.

Bonnie Jones, RN, ICCE, IBCLC
from the sunny S.W. USA