From:
Chris Raasch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:22:15 -0600
Hi

The mother of an 8 month old boy was referred to me by the pediatrician me
because her milk production is almost non-existent after work.  She has had
no illness, the baby had a stuffy nose a week ago. She's been pumping at
work and that production has gone from 18 ounces to 10 ounces. She's been on
the progesterone only pill since she was 6 weeks PP and "was the milk
queen".  She missed one day in taking the OCP.  The milk volume decreased
after that. Pregnancy test has been negative.  She and baby have enjoyed
breastfeeding and she doesn't want to stop.  she has only breastfed her baby
and doesn't want to give formula. Does anybody have any idea why this sudden
drop in milk production when she had no problem before now? What she could
do to increase her milk production?

Please respond to the list and privately as I am No-Mail.

TIA

Christine Raasch, RN, IBCLC
Menomonee Falls WI