Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 13:36:00 EST
I am hoping that Tom Hale might read this post and help me figure out how to
proceed with this client (although anyone with info is welcome to respond!).
My client needs to start on Dyazide 25mg daily as treatment for Meineres
Disease.  She is very concerned about losing her milk supply.  Her ENT feels
that the constant "fluid shift" during lactation is causing her symptoms and
that she needs to wean.  I have discussed with her that I'm guessing that HE
is guessing on what her "fluid shifting" is and really does not have an
indepth knowledge of BF.  What if she started on a lower does of a dieuretic
to see if her symptoms are relieved and then she can moniter her milk supply
also.  I have suggested she go back and discuss this with the ENT and to share
her strong desire to not wean.  I feel that the Hale book doesn't give me
enough info to go back to the ENT with.  Any help would be appreciated!

Happy Holidays!

KLipke, RN, BSN, IBCLC