From:
Laurie Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 12:25:37 EDT
Hi all,

Anyone familiar with the following natural therapy for a "sluggish" pituitary
gland (client's words). Her chiropractor helped her come to the conclusion
that this is what her problem is. She discontinued use of therapy during
pregnancy, but feels she will need it during breastfeeding as pituitary gland
function is related to production of prolactin. Mom also feels that her
overall health suffers without use of therapy. She has asked me if I know of
any adverse effects on baby. I can not find reference to this one anywhere. My
instinct tells me it is probably harmless, but wanted to be sure. TIA!

Laurie Moody
WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor

Information from label:
Pituitrophin PMG
Each tablet supplies 45 mg Bovine Pituitary PMG extract
Ingredients:  Calcium lactate, magnesium citrate, bovine pituitary PMG
extract,
cellulose, and calcium stearate.
Sold only for dispensing by Practitioners of the Healing Arts.
Suggested use: 1 tablet per meal, or as directed