From:
Lois Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 1995 16:55:50 -0700
My suggestion is that the mother in question (with the colicky baby who
has diarrhea on a breastmilk diet, even w/o dairy) should cut out peanut
butter, particularly is she is, as you described, a "peanut butter
addict."  I had a friend whose baby was colicky for _ten_ months, with
hours and hours per day of crying.  At 10 months, he was given pb on a
cracker, and instantly broke out in hives.  Mom cut out peanut butter,
and all was well.  She had been eating it continuously.

Lois Patterson