From:
Emily Lindsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:27:06 -0400
Susan,
I agree with you on all points and even push it out to another extent. I
have been in the medical field my whoel life in varying aspects and tehn
continued my education into the psychology field where now I am working on
my hours to sit for the exam. I have always communicated effectively and
consistently with all HCP, as this was necessary in the roles that I stood
in. Being an RN or RD or PhD, etc etc gives us all great information that
we can obtain from one another and routinely do on this posting site alone.

This continues in CA at least into the billing arena where only an RN or RD
under a physician can bill for services. In an area that is lacking any
private practice lactation individual besides myself, WIC cannot keep up
and moms are forced to get advice from whoever they can get it from; which
as we all know is inconsistant and wrong to varying degrees. I would love
to see all mothers, not just those that can pay me, however CA does not
allow this and thus mothers lose out. I also volunteer, yes volunteer my
hours to the hospital three mornings per week now so moms have someone to
get accurate info from and refer to offices that can help them or give them
what I can while they are there.

Joined in your frustrations!
Emily Lindsey, BSPsy, CLE
Private Practice