From:
Barbara Ash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2006 08:35:21 EST

In my earlier post on board selection I said the following: 3.   Finally,
there are the self-nominated positions.  When these  are  vacant,
there is a call for nominations published on the IBLCE  website.  If you are
interested in one of these positions, you submit a  resume and the  Executive
Director selects the winner, perhaps with input from  the  Board Chair.

The text in red was highlighted by a former board member and current  friend.
 She made the following statement below, in blue.

This position is voted on by the  Governance Committee, and the whole board
votes on whether or not to accept the  nominations of the Governance committee.
The ED does not have anything to do  with choosing these positions, although
she may be in the Governance  meeting to hear about the candidates. She does
not have a vote. The European,  Canadian and Asian delegate are also chosen by
the Governance  Committee

My friend knows that I respect her deeply and value our friendship, but we
have differing views on this subject.  I am amending my post at her  request.

Barbara Ash
Lactation Professional