From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 00:28:39 -0400
 Hi All,
I have a new client who is taking 20mg of Paxil per day.  She just delivered
a baby on 10-16, 2 weeks early, baby has "stopped breathing" 3 times
according to mom and will be in hosp for undetermined amount of time for
testing.  If tests come back neg, baby will go home on apnea monitor.
Question 1:  Would being on Paxil for 7 mo of the pregnancy have anything to
do with baby's problem?

Q2:  I know that Paixl is considered not OK with BF.  Mom will be taking 2
weeks to wean herself off the Paxil so that she can BF.  While she is weaning
herself off of the Paxil, can she safely nurse the baby on a "Dry" breast (in
other words, pump thoroughly first, then nurse the baby) so that baby will
know what the breast is when she can safely BF him?

Any  other info anyone has on Paxil will be appreciated.
TIA!!

Jay