From:
"Linda J. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:38:16 -0400
Coach Smith here. Beware of "free" breastfeeding-theme clip art on the
Internet. Some images have direct links to formula companies!

I am scheduled to speak at a conference in Newfoundland, and recently
discovered an image that links to Nestle on the organizer's web site.
Shocked, I immediately contacted the organizers, hoping this was a big
mistake. Whew - it WAS a mistake. Someone preparing the publicity had
searched for a freely downloadable image for "breastfeeding" only to
accidentally insert a link to Nestle ("Very best baby"). The organizers are
removing this image and inserting a disclaimer that the conference is
Code-Compliant on all their publicity materials.

The lesson here: Be careful of anything that appears "free." I plan to use
this as a teaching example next time I lecture on the Code.

(How can they undermine breastfeeding? Let me count the ways.)

Linda J. Smith, BSE, FACCE, IBCLC

Bright Future Lactation Resource Centre Ltd

6540 Cedarview Ct, Dayton OH 45459

937-438-9458 / fax 937-438-3229

www.BFLRC.com