Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 2009 06:39:06 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
I only read 2 of the posts concerning my question when I first responded since I used the first/previous/last option and did not see other responses since it was not in that same thread.

I want to be clear that I do truly appreciate those of you who responded with suggestions and possible negative consequences of using an old pump and not going into your opinions of me as an IBCLC.

This question was mainly posted in respect of how to repurpose/recycle a pump in an eco-friendly manner. It was NOT about selling or passing it along to another mother, as I had already told the mother that was not a good idea.

I think as IBCLCs the more these questions are discussed and companies are informed that mothers are looking for eco-friendly and COST-effective ways to recycle pumps...the more the companies and other health care professionals will strive to find those answers, relay those concerns, and develop new strategies.

I know moms who rent pumps long term, even if it costs more, to be more eco-friendly, knowing the hospital grade pumps can be re-used by other mothers. The cost of a single use pump is costly for all of us in the long term...even past 10 years if it's in our landfill.

I apologize for not stating my question more clearly.

Sincerely,

Trish

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2