Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:18:35 -0700
I have a case here of a nursing toddler with terrible diaper rash.  He is being tandem nursed with his newborn sibling.  He didn't get much milk during pregnancy and now is enjoying all the milk available to him from his mother, but his poor bottom is a mess.  Any ideas?  Of course he is eating many solids, whatever the family eats, never showed a tendency to any allergies or sensitivities prior to his partial weaning during pregnancy.  Now that he is nursing again two to three times a day his out put is the consistency of a much younger child, and his bottom isn't handling it well.  I suggest to the mom using Burt's Bee diaper rash cream as it always helps in my house, and also that maybe this toddler is ready to start potty training (he is 23 months), but other than that I am at a loss for her.  Child has gained nicely since he has been nursing again, along with his sibling.  Things are normal in every other sense.

Any ideas?

Melisa
Did you hear? Breast is Best!
Certified Lactation Counselor, IBCLC Exam Candidate
Homeopathic Counselor in training
www.nurturingmama.com
Mom to Harry who changed my life,
Jacob who changed my spirit, and