From:
Elizabeth Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2013 07:04:05 -0400
I got one of those unsolicited marketing packages too -- as did a whole
bunch of my colleagues in my area.  They arrived for us about a month ago.

I will tell you, with certainty, that ILCA did not sell their member list
to Lansinoh.  To do so would be a violation of the ILCA Advertising Policy,
which says the organization will not accept  money from companies not
meeting their obligations under the Code.  Lansinoh is no meting its Code
obligations (their own commentary notwithstanding) ... and your unsolicited
package, sent to a HCP, containing breastfeeding equipment and supplies is
a slam-dunk, Q.E.D. example of  Article 7.2 and 7.3 violations.

I can't speak for IBLCE but I would be shocked if they sold a mailing list
of certificants to a commercial interest.

That is not to say, however, that we are not all extremely easy to find on
the Internet.  If any IBCLC-ILCA member is listed on the hugely popular
ILCA "Find a Lactation Consultant" page, then any member of the public can
find you.  Many state BFg coalitions or IBCLC groups have member rosters or
referral lists readily available.  I just did a Google search of "IBCLC
Philadelphia PA" (I live 1  block from the city limits) and up popped a
nice listing with me and my colleagues, and all of our websites.

--
Liz Brooks, JD, IBCLC, FILCA
ILCA President 2012-14