From:
Natashia Fuksman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:25:02 -0700
Hi,
I am new to this list and learning a lot already.  I
have been encouraged to post this question and am
finally doing so...Alittle history of my case:  I have
a low milk supply which was diagnosed when my 10 week
old son was just a week and a half old.  He was born
at 9lbs., and a week and a half later was 7lb. 13
ounces.  In an hour and a half feed session that I did
at the breast feeding support group I went to he only
got ajust over an ounce from me.  Well, after feeling
and being in complete shock and terribly devestated,
we got some close friends to provide their breastmilk
as a supplement and I got used to using the SNS during
every feeding and pumping afterward (although it was
really hard).  I also began a steady regimind (sp?) of
herbal intake in teas, capsuls, and tinctures.  I have
taken blessed thistle and Fenugreek the most, but also
alfalfa, hops, nettles, fennel, and mother's milk tea.

My first question is is there anything else you can
think of that I could do to up my milk supply?
(currently I am on a break from fenugreek and blessed
thistle, and plan to take it again after two weeks).

My second question is does anyone know about goats
milk as a supplement?  One of my milk doners has left
and honestly, it is just really tough asking for
favors all the time.

At this point we are only having to supplement between
6-9 ounces a day (this from the orginal 20 or so
ounces of supplement intitally)and we are still
supplementing with breastmilk, and sometimes goats
milk.

I would just love to get my supply totally up if
possible.
Sorry to have rambled...I just wanted to be thorough.
I am very interested in continuing to learn from you
wise woman.  Thank you in advance,
Natashia

Natashia Fuksman
CD (DONA International), PPD, Childbirth Educator (in
training), lactation consultant (in training)

Mother of Jaiyah!