From:
Cathy Kaiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 1997 15:30:22 -0400
OK, here's one I've never heard before.

I recently made a home visit to a new mom with a 6 day old.  She told me
they'd spent an extra day in the hospital because the baby developed a fever
on her 2nd day.  I asked if she knew what caused the fever, and she said,
"No, the pediatrician wasn't sure, he said it could be a reaction to my
breast milk."

So, I admit I don't know everything, but has anyone heard of this before?  At
least the doctor didn't insist she discontinue breastfeeding until the baby's
temp returned to normal!

Cathy Kaiser, LLLL
Franklin, TN