From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 13:07:41 -0400
Well, here's a kicker:
First day, second year of nursing school and we're addressing fluid and
electrolyte imbalances.  Prof mentions dehydration in newborns; I'm
sharing new ILCA statement on HIV as an aside about
dehydration/breastfeeding and the prof (in her 60's and never had a kid)
starts talking about the WSJ article and "mothers who just do not have
enough milk"!! (I know I'm not supposed to use !! but it was a shouting
situation!!)
Needless to say I waxed quickly eloquent on early discharge.  Oh thank
you God for putting me in this class with an easily accessible opinion
(and classmates who laugh and pat me on the back and ask for Affordable
Health care begins with Breastfeeding bumperstickers.)
The Green Mtn Mama.  Dawn Kersula, FACCE,IBCLC and student ADN