From:
Paula Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:59:07 EDT
This comes from a personal experience...I had hives 6 weeks pp with my
daughter and the dr said that it was most definitely hormones after eliminating
EVERY other possibility.  It lasted about 1 week, gradually moving from my feet to
the top of my head.  I was afraid to take anything due to nursing so I just
grinned and beared it.  My son was born in Oct 2004 and the same thing happened
about 4 weeks pp...this time, however, there was a cause...I was allergic to
my shampoo.  I had switched less than a week before breaking out and once I
discontinued the shampoo, the hives went away.  Definitely, try to eliminate all
the possibilities as to what may be causing the hives (i.e., food,
environmental, etc.) and if that doesn't work, it's probably hormones.

Good luck~
Paula

Paula Holland, CD(DONA), CLC
Coastal Birth & Breastfeeding, LLC
Jacksonville, FL
Breast Pump Rentals & Lactation Counseling,
(904) 929-2942
Maya Wrap Slings & Doula Services,
(904) 708-4577