From:
Bruce Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 1996 13:01:26 EDT
Kathleen,

The books I most recommend other than the Womanly Art, are Breastfeeding Pure &
Simple by Gwen Gotsch (sort of a mini - Womanly Art), Bestfeeding:  Getting
Breastfeeding Right for You by Suzanne Arms, Mary Renfrew & Chole Fisher (Chele
Marmet doesn't like this book because of the positioning advice - nose at nipple
- but is good for those who are afraid they might smother the baby), Nursing
Your Baby by Karen Pryor & Gale Pryor, and Breastfeeding Secrets and Solutions
by Janis Graham.  They all had accurate information and, I feel, don't need a
disclaimer for any of the information (one book I had described nursing as only
taking 20 min. at most but for bottlefeeding to get comfortable because you
could be there for 30 min. or more!).

Melissa,

I too read the article in Reader's Digest it was the May 1996 issue and I saved
it for my childbirth classes, but I haven't heard of it from anywhere else and I
get Twins Magazine (which always has articles on the new information on
premature babies) and the Triplet Connection Newsletter.

Felicia Henry, LLLL & AAHCC