From:
Larry D'Anna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 22:23:33 -0800
At 04:49 PM 11/1/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>I have just heard about a situation which I would like to get some opinions
>on. The mother is 33 weeks pregnant. She was in the hospital getting a stress
>test. .....  Now she is experiencing milk production. She is engorged and
leaking.  ......
>Should she try to inhibit this with cabbage leaves and sage tea or pump for
>comfort and maintain till she gives birth.

Marilee, the only easy answer is NOT TO PUMP, she may experience stronger
contractions and wind up with a more premature delivery due to pumping.

As to sage or cabbage vs letting the natural pressure proceed on it's own,
I'd vote for leaving it alone but this is purely gut reaction not true
knowledge.

It seems like there was discussion about pre birth  milk production on
lactnet a while back.  Probably be hard to find on a search though.

-- Carla (just north of Washington, DC)